Remember to bring:
- Clothes to that can get a little dirty while pulling knotweed.
- Camping Food
- A flashlight or headlamp
- A tent, sleeping bag, and sleeping pad. You can rent these at Tent and Trails or REI.
- Knee high boots for wading in the water or old sneakers.
- A water bottle
- If you are sensitive to sun bring a hat and sunscreen
- If you are sensitive to bugs, please bring bugspray.
Directions: Take NJ 17 north to the New York Thruway and continue to Exit 16. Proceed west on NY 17 to Exit 94 (Roscoe). Turn left at the end of the ramp onto County Route 179, which becomes N.Y. Route 206 in half a mile. In 2.6 miles (from Exit 94), you’ll cross the Beaver Kill. Just beyond the bridge over the stream, turn left onto Morton Hill Road. Follow this road for 3.1 miles to the intersection with Russell Brook Road (on the left). Turn left onto Russell Brook Road and follow it downhill for about half a mile to a parking area on the right. rom the parking area, follow a short path downhill and turn right onto a woods road that descends parallel to Russell Brook, on the left. At the base of the descent, the road turns left and crosses the brook on a wooden bridge (to the right, a short distance upstream, are the stone abutments of the original bridge over the brook). DIRECTIONS LINK HERE.